"Toddlers have one volume and it's eleven."
"My life is so much better than anything I deserve."
I'll take both of these compliments, thanks!
"Girl, you got it going on!"
- a coworker about my writing
"I walked in and saw you dancing like you were 21!"
- Terrance, about my dancing last night
"Don't look back, you're not going that way."
- from Ang's wall on Facebook
"If the implementation is hard to explain, it's a bad idea."
- David Lindquist, via Twitter
"I have worked with investors for 60 years and I have yet to see anyone — not even when capital gains rates were 39.9 percent in 1976-77 — shy away from a sensible investment because of the tax rate on the potential gain. People invest to make money, and potential taxes have never scared them off."
- Warren Buffett, "Stop Coddling the Super-Rich" in The New York Times
"Because neither party is blameless for the decisions that led to this problem, both parties have a responsibility to solve it."
- President Obama, from his speech on the debt limit
"I miss Mike to a degree that is painful. I know he misses me as hard - does this make me happy, to be so loved? Or sad, because I don’t want him to ache?
- Shreve Stockton, on Honey Rock Dawn
“This process is confirming what the American people think is the worst about Washington. Everyone is more interested in posturing, political position and protecting their base than in solving problems.”
- President Obama, as quoted by ABC